Sydney

Monday, August 6, 2012

Thing #16: Online Organizing

Organization is an important part of all of our lives, but how can technology help us stay organized? In this post I thought I'd talk about a few of the different means of online organizing.

I customized my starter page on iGoogle and found it much more convenient than I presumed it would be. For one, as silly as it may be, I love that I can have a weather widget on my starter page. I am constantly checking the weather so this is helpful and time-saving. I could also check my email and see updates on feeds I am following all from my home page. The only term I can think to describe this is "nifty", because you have everything you need at your fingertips before you even start searching.

Online Calendars are useful to me, because although I am obsessed with my planner and try to have it me at all times, it isn't always possible. I am constantly on the go and if I'm not organized, I'm not happy. I'm the type of person who needs everything planned to a tee or my day just feels like a chaotic mess (which it sometimes is). The point is, staying organized helps even the most stressful day feel like an accomplishable task.

As far as to-do-lists go, I like them a bit more tangible. Sitting down and physically writing out everything I need to do, though sometimes overwhelming, puts my nerves a bit more at ease. Although as discussed before, sometimes you might not have that list on you, and that's the time where an online to-do-list would come in handy!

How do you feel about the role of the internet in organization?

0 comments:

Post a Comment