Sydney

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thing #19: Social Networks

Social Networks have become a huge portion of our daily lives. I can count my friends that don't have Facebook on one hand. With the rise in technology and smartphones, more and more social networking sites seem to come out of the woodwork. You've got Facebook and Twitter, yes, but you've also got Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, Flixster, and the list goes on and on.
I personally have tried out almost every social networking site I've heard of, just to see what all the talk was about. Some were great and others just seemed like Facebook with less people. One site I recently started using is last.fm. As I've discussed before, I love music! The thing that's difficult about music is that there is so much of it. Everyone's taste is different and it's hard to sift through and find the stuff you'll like. Any site that I can find new bands that I might like is a good site to me. Last.fm allows you to take the bands you like and find other people who like those certain bands and see what else they're listening to. Now this probably isn't something I would use for educational purposes, but it is a great site for me to enjoy in my down time (even though sometimes that's nonexistent in the education world).
That's the great thing about sites like this; you can find a social networking site based on almost ANYTHING you're interested in. I really like the idea of this because it makes the internet seem much more personalized.

0 comments:

Post a Comment