Sydney

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thing #1: Continually Learn/Continually Grow

I recently watched a tutorial called 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners. I found these habits of learning to be particularly interesting because Lifelong learning is a very important personal goal of mine. I strongly believe that one can no longer grow when one has stopped learning. I hope to be ever-developing my mind by never being stuck in one set way. There is always room for improvement and there is always more knowledge to be gained. The easiest habit for me was probably teaching and mentoring others. As soon as I learn something I'm always striving to share my knowledge with those around me. However, I think the most difficult habit is first, which is to keep the end goal in mind. Creating your end goal is a very difficult thing to do. In order to do that you have to know where you want to be, and for some that is the most challenging. I do agree that all of these habits, though difficult at times, will help facilitate lifelong learning within your everyday routines.

2 comments:

cottonballz said...

I agree Sydney,

Especially if something I learned was a hard task. Upon identifying how the new concept can be learned in a more simplistic fashion, I try to share it with other people. Also I feel when you help someone, you make yourself seem approachable and people would feel inclined to share ideas with you.

Unknown said...

You are so right about keeping sight of the "end goal". Too many times we allow ourselves to get distracted or discouraged along the way. I also wholeheartedly agree with your statement "there's always room for improvement".

Post a Comment