Sydney

Monday, July 23, 2012

Thing #8: Mashups

There are so many fun things you can do with pictures using Web 2.0. 
One great site I found was Family Art Studio. This has a lot of neat ways to create word art. The one that I tried was Photo Letter Art. It was VERY simple. All you had to do was type in the text you wanted to be shown, and then you could change the background, size, border, etc. This could be a really fun way to jazz up phrases on presentations or PowerPoints.
Here's an example of the one I created, though this is just one of the many tools you can use on this site.
Also, many of the mashups and apps available allow you to use your Flickr account. A site I attempted that did just that was Big Huge Labs, which allowed me to create a puzzle from photos on my Flickr account. All I had to do was log into my Flikr account, link the two, and choose the photo I wanted to use. Here's an example:
This could be fun and useful, especially in an art class. I could make puzzles using famous works of art and let the children put them together in any down time. 
The possibilities with mashup sites are endless! If you want to checkout similar sites, there are a ton to explore on The App Garden on Flickr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment