Sydney

Monday, July 23, 2012

Thing #6: Exploring Web 2.0 Sites

Web 2.0 sites are taking over the internet! Sifting through all the new media-sharing sites can be difficult, so exploring ones unfamiliar to yourself is a great way to find out what you will or will not use. A list of top sites can be found on the Web 2.0 Award Nominees. I am making it a goal to check out each of these for myself! 


Today I looked further into a site called Pandora. I'm extremely into music, so Pandora is a fantastic site for me. It allows you to create radio stations based on a song or band that you love! To further sift and find the specific music you like, you can "like" or "dislike" songs and Pandora will know whether to play things like that song or not. 
One way this could be used in the classroom is by using it to find kid-friendly music. Nowadays it is so difficult to make sure music played is appropriate. Pandora will do that work for you with "Radio for Kids"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment